Evelyn Stevens went back-to-back Thursday in Augusta, Georgia, when she won the women’s U.S. time trial national championship. Stevens (HTC-Highroad) repeated her 2010 win over teammate Amber Neben on the new Augusta course during the second day of the elite, U23 and junior national championships. Olympic champion Kristin Armstrong (Peanut Butter & Co.-Twenty12) finished third.
Earlier in the morning, Nathan Brown (Trek-Livestrong) won his first U23 title in the men’s time trial, with teammate Lawson Craddock, the 2010 men’s 17-18 champion, finishing second. Eamon Lucas (Cal Giant-Specialized) earned bronze.
Tayler Wiles (Peanut Butter & Co.) won the women’s U23 national title.
Jonathan Jacob (Indianapolis Cycling-NUVO Cultural Trail) won the men’s elite title, with defending champion Michael Olheiser (Juwi Solar-First Solar) finishing sixth, 1:03 back.
Elite Women U.S. Time Trial Championship
Unofficial Top 10
- 1. Evelyn Stevens (HTC-Highroad)
- 2. Amber Neben (HTC-Highroad)
- 3. Kristin Armstrong (Peanut Butter & Co.-Twenty12)
- 4. Amanda Miller (HTC-Highroad)
- 5. Alison Starnes (Peanut Butter &. Co.-Twenty12)
- 6. Carmen Small (Tibco-To the Top)
- 7. Kristin Sanders (Colavita-Forno D’Asolo)
- 8. Molly Van Houweling (Metromint)
- 9. Jennifer Wheeler (Tibco-To the Top)
- 10. Amber Pierce (Diadora-Pasta Zara)
- 1. Jonathan Jacob (Indianapolis Cycling-NUVO Cultural Trail)
- 2. Timothy Mitchell (CCB Racing)
- 3. Jesse Moore (Cal Giant-Specialized)
- 4. Daniel Ramsey (Full Circle Sports)
- 5. Daniel Harm (Keller Rohrback)
- 6. Michael Olheiser (Juwi Solar/First Solar)
- 7. Gregory Strock (Kentucky Flyers-Texas Roadhouse)
- 8. David Wenger (Super Squadra-Bicycle Sport Shop)
- 9. Chad Haga (Rio Grande)
- 10. Joshua Frick (DC Velo Limited-Clean Currents)
Elite Men U.S. Time Trial Championship
Unofficial Top 10