Skil-Shimano’s Marcel Kittel won his third consecutive stage at the 2011 Tour of Poland on Tuesday, building his GC lead to 24 seconds ahead of three riders: Romain Felllu (Vacansoleil), Heinrich Haussler (Garmin-Cervelo) and Alexander Kristoff (BMC).
Kittel beat out Feillu and Jonas Aaen Jorgensen (Saxo Bank) to win the 136km race from Będzin to Katowice.
The seven-stage Tour of Poland gets hillier Wednesday. Stage 4, 177km from Oświęcim to Cieszyn, includes four categorized climbs, although the final three kilometers are relatively flat.
- 1. Marcel KITTEL, (GER) Skil-Shimano, in3:09:29
- 2. Romain FEILLU, (FRA) Vacansoleil-Dcm, at s.t.
- 3. Jonas Aaen JÖRGENSEN, (DEN) Saxobank-Sungard, at s.t.
- 4. Giacomo NIZZOLO, (ITA) Leopard-Trek, at s.t.
- 5. Adam BLYTH, (GBR) Omega Pharma-Lotto, at s.t.
- 1. Marcel KITTEL, (Germany) Skil-Shimano, in 8:55:00
- 2. Romain FEILLU, (France) Vacansoleil-Dcm, at 24
- 3. Heinrich HAUSSLER, (Australia) Garmin-Cervelo, at 24
- 4. Alexander KRISTOFF, (Norway) BMC Racing Team, at 24
- 5. Jonas Aaen JÖRGENSEN, (Denmark) Saxobank-Sungard, at 26