Anthony Roux (FDJ) won the fourth stage at the Circuit de la Sarthe and took over the race leader’s jersey at the French race.
Roux crossed the line ahead of his teammate, Pierrick Fedrigo, to claim the victory. Blel Kadri (Ag2r) crossed the line third to move into second overall with Thomas Voeckler (Europcar) coming through fourth.
A hilly finishing circuit shook up the overall standings. Overnight leader Daniele Bennati (Leopard-Trek) couldn’t match the French puncheurs and got gapped on the final lap. David Zabriskie (Garmin-Cervélo) and Svein Tuft (Spidertech) also came unglued under the fast pace and summer-like temperatures.
David Millar (Garmin-Cervélo) hung on in the final kilometers, but slipped to third overall at nine seconds adrift.
- 1. Anthony ROUX, (FRA) Française des Jeux, at 4:26:33
- 2. Biel KADRI, (FRA) Ag2r La Mondiale, at s.t.
- 3. Pierrick FEDRIGO, (FRA) Française des Jeux, at s.t.
- 4. Thomas VOECKLER, (FRA) Europcar, at s.t.
- 5. Nicolas VOGONDY, (FRA) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne, at s.t.
- 1. Anthony ROUX, (France) Française des Jeux, at 11:50:58
- 2. Biel KADRI, (France) Ag2r La Mondiale, at 5
- 3. David MILLAR, (Great Britain) Garmin-Cervelo, at 9
- 4. Pierrick FEDRIGO, (France) Française des Jeux, at 12
- 5. Alexandre GENIEZ, (France) Skil-Shimano, at 13