By Press Release
April 13, 2004 (Steamboat Springs, Colo.) – EN-R-G Foods, Inc., makersof Honey Stinger energy bars and gels, announced today that it has becomethe official bar and gel supplier to the elite Subaru-Gary Fisher mountainbike race team. Boasting several of the world’s best mountain bike racers,the Subaru-Gary Fisher Team includes:· Ryder Hesjedal – reigning NORBA NCS XC champion andSilver Medalist at both the 2003 Elite World Championships and 2003 CanadianNational Championships. He will race in Europe this spring with the USPostal Service cycling team then focus on the World Cup and Olympics inAthens, Greece.
· Liam Killeen – reigning U23 overall World Cup winner,U23 British National Champion in mountain bike and cyclocross and U23 CanadianNational Championships winner. He will focus on events building up to theOlympics.
· Nat Ross – one of the world’s premier endurance mountainbike specialists and will focus on 24 hour and marathon distance events.
· Jenny Copnall – British Mountain Bike National Champion.She will focus on qualification for the British National Team that willcompete at the Olympics.
· Kerry Barnholt – placed 12th at the 2003 World Championships,14th at the Grouse Mountain World Cup and has many top 20 finishes at NORBANCS events. She will focus on NORBA, World Cup and Xterra events.
· Chrissy Redden – had a superb year in 2003 with twoNORBA victories, a Silver Medal at the Canadian National Championshipsand other top ten finishes. She is focused on selection for the CanadianOlympic Team.According to Len Zanni, marketing director for EN-R-G Foods, Inc., “We’reexcited to have the opportunity to sponsor some of the fastest mountainbike racers in the world this season. We wish the team the best of luckand look forward to working with the racers and fueling their racing andtraining efforts.”Tyler Pilger, team manager of Subaru-Gary Fisher, noted, “The Subaru-GaryFisher professional mountain bike team is excited to be using Honey Stingerproduct this year. Our athletes are always searching for the most naturalsources of energy they can get and Honey Stinger is a great solution.”
Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, EN-R-G Foods, Inc., was foundedin 2002 to bring conveniently packaged honey-based energy bars and gelsto consumers. For more information visit www.honeystinger.com or call 866-GO-HONEY.