Don't miss a moment from Paris-Roubaix and Unbound Gravel, to the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Vuelta a España, and everything in between when you join Outside+.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling book on mountain bike care and repair for good reason: it covers every procedure to repair, maintain, tune, or upgrade a mountain bike in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format. Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 5th Ed. is now available in bookstores, bike shops, and online. Readers can preview the book’s table of contents and its entire index on the VeloPress website.
With Zinn’s book, anyone can properly maintain, tune, fix, or upgrade a mountain bike to ensure years of trouble-free riding. Newcomers and experienced mechanics alike will benefit from complete instructions for basic and advanced repairs, exploded views of how parts go together, time-saving tips, and smart recommendations from Lennard Zinn, America’s leading expert on bikes.
“Understanding the mechanics of your bike, knowing how to adjust it to suit your riding style, and knowing how to keep it running smoothly are essential to your mountain biking performance. Nobody teaches these skills better than the famous artiste ‘Leonardo da Zinnski.'” – Ned Overend, World and National Mountain Bike Champion
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 5th Ed offers total mountain bike coverage:
- The basics: simple instructions for regular maintenance, how to choose and fit a bike, full coverage of cross-country, hardtail, full suspension, downhill, and hybrid bikes old and new
- Advanced repair: integrated-spindle cranks, clipless pedals, suspension forks, internal headsets, hydraulic brakes, hub and cassette overhaul, and much more
- New tech: the newest components including BB30, BB92, PF24 cranksets, inertial valve suspension forks, air sleeve rear shocks
- Problem-solving: for frozen parts, stripped threads, missing pieces
- Wheels: wheelbuilding and general maintenance and repair; tubeless tires, sealant systems, flat repair, tire sizing and choice
- Complete reference: glossary of bike terms, specifications for bolt tightening, gear chart for 26- and 29-inch wheels, and a comprehensive troubleshooting index