Don't miss a moment from Paris-Roubaix and Unbound Gravel, to the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Vuelta a España, and everything in between when you join Outside+.
Bell Helmets is growing its new Joy Ride women’s program in 2016: Six Joy Ride grassroots program cities, each with a dedicated female mountain bike ambassador, were named Monday. Bell hopes these ambassadors will help inspire and enable female mountain bikers with regular, structured, and social rides that appeal to all levels of riders.
“I’m thrilled to have these six ladies representing our brand and helping us bring more women into mountain biking. They are all involved in their local communities, incredibly passionate about mountain biking and empowering women to enjoy the sport,” said Jessica Klodnicki, executive vice president and general manager of Bell. “I’ve cultivated a local women’s mountain bike group [Girls Rock] that has blossomed to more than 300 women and have seen firsthand the power of women coming together to create riding communities. I can’t wait to see the enthusiasm for mountain biking that our Joy Ride ambassadors will create next year.”
Bell received almost 200 applications for five riding locations in the U.S. and selected six towns that have growing mountain bike scenes and a need for a women’s program.
2016 Joy Ride ambassadors
– Karina Magrath, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho – Recipient of a PMBI Level 1 coaching certification who has recently starting hosting local women’s rides
– Veronique Pardee, Tucson, Arizona – Coaches El Grupo youth cycling program and started the women’s InSession riding program
– Samantha Jones, Kansas City, Missouri – Park ranger and newly-elected president of the Lawrence Mountain Bike Club
• Amber Krueger, Madison, Wisconsin – Member of Revolution Cycles Cycling Club and founder of a women’s mountain bike forum and bi-weekly ride in conjunction with IMBA and its local chapter, CORP
• Missy Petty, Knoxville, Tennessee – Women’s ride leader for the Easy Rider MTB ride with TN Valley Bikes and no-drop women’s MTB rides with Harper’s Bike Shop; active member of Appalachian Mountain Bike Club
• Kendell Ryan, Richmond, Virginia – Member of River City Women’s Racing that has strong connections in the community for bike advocacy and former member of local Team LUNA Chix