Bryn Atkinson (Ferndale, Wash./Transition Racing) and Jill Kintner (Seattle, Wash./Transition Racing) claimed overall titles in USA Cycling’s Professional Mountain Bike Gravity Tour .
The final event of the five-race series wrapped up Sept. 11-12 at Whiteface Mountain Bike Park in Lake Placid, New York where Justin Leov (NZL) and Tracy Moseley (GBR/Trek World Racing) claimed the wins in the pro men’s and women’s contests.
Leov posted a time of 7:44.39 over the five-kilometer downhill time test to take the win in the men’s event while Andrew Neethling (RSA/Trek World Racing) grabbed second place with a time of 7:55.51. Though not present in Lake Placid, Atkinson had accumulated 205 points over the Pro GRT season and kept the number one spot after the final. Neethling was second in the series with 205 points after the finale while Leov moved into third-place with 190 points after winning the Whiteface event.
In the women’s race, Moseley descended the fastest with a time of 8:58.28 compared to the second-place time of 9:35.83 posted by American Jill Kintner. The Whiteface win wasn’t good enough to regain her Pro GRT lead however and Kintner stayed in the number spot with 335 points compared to the British rider’s 240. Coming in third in the final women’s Pro GRT standings was Melissa Buhl (Chandler, Ariz./KHS Bicycles) with 180 points.
The final 2010 USA Cycling Pro GRT standings are as follows:
1. Bryn Atkinson (Ferndale, Wash./Transition Racing) – 205
2. Andrew Neethling (RSA/Trek World Racing) – 195
3. Justin Leov (NZL/Trek World Racing) – 190
4. Kieran Bennett – 120
5. Waylon Smith (Valencia, Calif./Mongoose-NEMA) – 117
1. Jill Kintner (Seattle, Wash./Transition Racing) – 335
2. Tracy Moseley (GBR/Trek World Racing) – 240
3. Melissa Buhl (Chandler, Ariz./KHS Bicycles) – 180
4. Jacqueline Harmony (Sedona, Ariz.) – 180
5. Darian Harvey (Durango, Colo./Vixen Racing)- 108