SRAM is not only coming out with a shiny new option on its XO line, it’ll be a little easier to pedal as well.
On the aesthetic side of things, those looking for a new group will find XO now rendered in chrome and polished silver and dubbed, you guessed it — XO Silver. Oh, but the all-new. lighter weight carbon crank is rendered in black.
On the more functional side of things, SRAM will have new gear options for the XO and X7 families — 38/24 and 36/22 chainring options that feature the same chain line as the current 2×10 systems.
“It’s not just weight-conscious cross-country riders using SRAM 2×10,” said Ron Ritzler, SRAM’s external drivetrain category manager. “It has quickly become the choice for all performance-minded mountain bikers. With that in mind, we’re adding two new 2×10 gearing ranges, 38/24 and 36/22.”
Ritzler said the 38/24 chainrings are aimed at the “growing 29er market.” And he said the 36/22 range offers the lowest 2X gear available from any system.
Meanwhile, SRAM has partnered with MRP on new chain management solutions that complements SRAM’s current crank and drivetrain options. The chainguides will ship in May and include:
• MRP replaceable Skid Plate Design
• Upper and lower guide including sealed bearing pulley provide full chain retention
• Easy Installation. Front-access, single-bolt positioning of upper and lower guide with captive hardware
• Light weight aluminum mounting plate
• Low profile installation compatible with wide range of chain lines
• Available in BB-Mount, ISCG or ISCG 05 mounting standards
• Two Sizes: 36-40 Tooth Capacity and 32-36 Tooth Capacity
• Available in black or white