Don't miss a moment from Paris-Roubaix and Unbound Gravel, to the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Vuelta a España, and everything in between when you join Outside+.
Dutch rider Marianne Vos clinched the overall title in the women’s World Cup after finishing sixth in the season finale at the Tour de Nuremberg.
Compatriot Kirsten Wild won the sprint and Vos only needed to finish with the favorites to lock up her second World Cup crown of her career. The 26-year-old Wild won the 129km race ahead of Rochelle Gilmore, with Germany’s Ina-Yoko Teutenberg crossing the line third.
Emma Johannson was the only threatening rider to Vos, but couldn’t get ahead of Vos and crossed the line 13th to finish second overall in World Cup points.
Vos won three of the 10 rounds of the 2009 World Cup, with victories at Alfredo Binda, Flèche Wallonne and the Sweden Open.
Vos wins the World Cup crown with 407 points, with Johannson settling on second with 379 points. Wild rounded out the podium with 248 points to claim third overall. Kristen Armstrong was the top-ranked American with sixth with 149 points.
Tour de Nuremberg results
- 1. Kirsten Wild (NED), 129km in 3:13:06
- 2. Rochelle Gilmore (AUS) , s.t.
- 3. Ina-Yoko Teutenberg (GER), s.t.
- 4. Kirsty Broun (AUS), s.t.
- 5. Suzanne de Goede (NED), s.t.
- 6. Marianne Vos (NED), s.t.
- 7. Sara Mustonen (SWE), s.t.
- 8. Nathalie Lamborelle (LUX), s.t.
- 9. Pascale Jeuland (FRA), s.t.
- 10. Monique van de Ree (NED), s.t.
World Cup final results
- 1. Marianne Vos (NED), 407 points
- 2. Emma Johansson (SWE), 379
- 3. Kirsten Wild (NED), 248
- 4. Ina-Yoko Teutenberg (GER), 161
- 5. Emma Pooley (GBR), 150
- 6. Kristin Armstrong (USA), 149
- 7. Loes Gunnewijk (NED), 145
- 8. Trixi Worrack (GER), 123
- 9. Grace Verbeke (BEL), 103
- 10. Andrea Bosman (NED), 103