By VeloNews Interactive wire services, Copyright 2002 AFP
The U.S. team took three more medals at the second round of the World Track Cup in Sydney, Australia, on Sunday. Tammy Thomas took gold in the women’s sprint in an all-American final with Tanya Lindenmuth, while Sarah Hammer beat France’s Cathy Moncassin in the women’s points race. The big upset of the weekend came in the men’s sprint, where Australian Sean Eadie beat out France’s superstar, Arnaud Tournant.
Home team Australia took the overall team classification, followed by New Zealand and the U.S.
1. Chris Hoy (GB), 1:02.516; 2. Ben Kersten (Aus), 1:03.351; 3. Garren Bloch (SA), 1:04.035;
1. Sean Eadie (Aus); 2. Arnaud Tournant (F); 3. Mickael Bourgain (F);
1. New Zealand (Greg Henderson, Hayden Roulston); 2. Australia (Darren Young, Mark Renshaw); 3. Netherlands (Danny Stam, Robert Slippens);
1. Tammy Thomas (USA); 2. Tanya Lindenmuth (USA); 3. Lori-Ann Muenzer (Can);
1. Sarah Hammer (USA); 2. Cathy Moncassin (F); 3. Sarah Ulmer (NZ);
1. Australia; 2. New Zealand; 3. USA