Don't miss a moment from Paris-Roubaix and Unbound Gravel, to the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Vuelta a España, and everything in between when you join Outside+.
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. (VN) — Liquigas-Cannondale’s Elia Viviani did it again on Saturday, winning stage 5 of the 2011 USA Pro Cycling Challenge here.
The 105.8-mile stage from Steamboat Springs to Breckenridge was marked by a long break from Tour de France runner-up Andy Schleck (Leopard-Trek), Tom Peterson (Garmin-Cervélo), Ivan Basso (Liquigas) and Laurens Ten Dam (Rabobank).
But it came to naught short of the line, and in the sprint Viviani overhauled Jaime Castaneda (UNE-EPM) for his second consecutive victory. Liquigas teammate Daniel Oss held on for third.
Levi Leipheimer(RadioShack) holds the lead on GC by 11 seconds over Christian Vande Velde (Garmin-Cervélo) and 17 over Tejay Van Garderen (HTC-Highroad).
- 1. Elia Viviani, Liquigas-Cannondale, in 4:04:31
- 2. Jaime Castaneda, UNE-EPM, same time
- 3. Daniel Oss, Liquigas-Cannondale, s.t.
- 4. Dennis Van Winden, Rabobank Cycling Team, s.t.
- 5. Jeffry Louder, BMC Racing Team, s.t.
- 1. Levi Leipheimer, Team RadioShack, in 17:33:14
- 2. Christian Vande Velde, Team Garmin-Cervélo, at 0:11
- 3. Tejay Van Garderen, HTC-Highroad, at 0:17
- 4. Tom Danielson, Team Garmin-Cervélo, at 0:21
- 5. George Hincapie, BMC Racing Team, at 0:53