Davide Frattini (Hudz-Subaru) and Katy Curtis (CMC-Bow Cycle) won their respective events at the first day of the Toronto International Cyclocross on Saturday.
Frattini took the men’s race at Centennial Park by 22 seconds ahead of Derrick St. John (Garneau-Club Chaussures-Ogilvy) with Aaron Schooler (Team H&R Block) third at 32 seconds back.
Curtis had a narrower margin of victory, crossing just four seconds up on Natasha Elliott (Garneau-Club Chaussures-Ogilvy) with Pepper Harlton (Juventus) third at 24 seconds.
- 1. Davide Frattini, Hudz-Subaru, 1:00:06
- 2. Derrick St. John, Garneau-Club Chaussures-Ogilvy, at 0:22
- 3. Aaron Schooler, Team H&R Block, at 0:32
- 4. Andrew Watson, Norco Factory Team, at 0:52
- 5. Evan Mcneely, Emd Serono-Specialized CC, at 1:06
- 1. Katy Curtis, CMC-Bow Cycle, 42:27
- 2. Natasha Elliott, Garneau-Club Chaussures-Ogilvy, at 0:04
- 3. Pepper Harlton, Juventus, at 0:24
- 4. Melissa Bunn, Stevens Racing p/b The Cyclery, at 0:26
- 5. Leigh Hobson, The Hub Race Team, at 3:09