Don't miss a moment from Paris-Roubaix and Unbound Gravel, to the Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Vuelta a España, and everything in between when you join Outside+.
By Agence France Presse
Olympic champion Julien Absalon (Orbea) won the fourth round of the UCI cross-country mountain bike World Cup on Sunday in Madrid.
Absalon collected his victory in 1:44:32, more than a minute ahead of runner-up Ralph Naef (Multivan Merida). Naef’s teammate Moritz Milatz crossed third at two minutes back.
The women’s race was a good deal closer — Margarita Fullana Riera (Massi) took the win in 1:28:24, just four seconds ahead of Marie-Helene Premont (Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain) with Lene Byberg (Specialized Factory Racing) third at 15 seconds back.
1. Julien Absalon (F), Orbea, 1:44:32.
2. Ralph Naef (Swi), Multivan Merida, at 1:06.
3. Moritz Milatz (G), Multivan Merida, at 1:59.
4. Marco Aurelio Fontana (I), Cannondale Factory Racing, at 2:00.
5. Nino Schurter (Swi), Scott-Swisspower, at 2:02.
1. Margarita Fullana Riera (Sp), Massi, 1:28:24.
2. Marie-Helene Premont (Can), Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain, at 0:04.
3. Lene Byberg (Nor), Specialized Factory Racing, at 0:15.
4. Sabine Spitz (G), Ghost, at 2:17.
5. Catharine Pendrel (Can), Luna, at 2:19.