Pocket Outdoor Media seeks National Endemic Sales Executive
Boulder, Colorado-based Pocket Outdoor Media is hiring a highly motivated National Endemic Sales Executive to build our territory of endemic advertisers for Pocket Outdoor Media’s (POM) brands (VeloNews, Triathlete, Podium Runner & Women’s Running, Bicycle Retailer & Industry News), from a business, sales, marketing and technical perspective.
As National Endemic Sales Executive, you will be responsible for directing and implementing effective trade advertising campaigns and ensuring all advertising efforts work toward the POM’s overall goals and objectives. You will develop leads, initiate and manage discussions with sponsors and agencies and manage active accounts and sales activities. You will work with National Endemic Sales Director to build budget and provide feedback for the development of sales marketing materials including media kits, reader surveys and specific issue promotions. A wide degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time from the Pocket Outdoor Media office in Boulder, Colorado. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. The National Endemic Sales Executive will report directly to the National Endemic Sales Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Knowledge of outdoor sports market/industry, specifically cycling, multisport, and running and familiarity with outdoor media brands
- Sales closing ability
- Ability and willingness to build a robust pipeline in our CRM (Boostr) in order to achieve sales targets and allow transparency to management team
- Must accomplish heavy prospecting along with managing an existing, active account list
- Background in media sales and sales techniques and a strong grasp on new media marketing and digital business models
- Communication proficiency. Necessary with all levels inside the company as well as outside customers, vendors, etc.
- Must be able to assess options and convey opinions effectively to Group Sales Director
- Must be sensitive to company goals as well as the individual brand goals
What You’ll Need to Succeed in this Role
- Bachelor’s degree beneficial, but not required
- Must be intimately familiar with digital business models and technologies
- Three-years (minimum) of proven, hands-on, sales experience in a rigorous, time-sensitive media environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of personalities – both within the company and outside
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with senior management team
- Ability to use Google Slides, Keynote, and other presentation tools. Boostr knowledge a plus.
- Must respect well-known advertising/editorial integrity of POM media brands
- Must work to improve advertising yields while simultaneously increasing volume
- Develop and expand advertising categories – new non-endemic and endemic sponsors, event-win advertising, events, etc.
Work Environment: This job operates in a media/publishing setting.
Benefits Package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation.
Travel: This position requires travel.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.