A complete listing of the Tour of California's broadcast times, as well as information about the race app, and more
The Amgen Tour of California announced its race broadcast schedule Thursday. Race organizer AEG has once again partnered with NBC Sports Group and Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO), owner and producer of the Tour de France, to broadcast the race worldwide.
U.S. broadcast will include daily live HD coverage of the last two hours of each stage of the eight-stage race, May 10-16 on NBCSN, with the eighth and final day of racing airing live on NBC, May 17.
“We are pleased to once again partner with ASO and NBC Sports Group who are in a league of their own when it comes to cycling telecasts — they are the powerhouses behind the annual production of the Tour de France as well as the Amgen Tour of California for four years running,” said Kristin Bachochin Klein, executive director of the race and senior vice president of AEG Sports. “As America’s biggest stage race unfolds, viewers will see every challenge and triumph, set against the stunning California backdrop in all its HD glory.”
The 10th edition of the race will be announced by Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen, along with color commentary from Christian Vande Velde and Jens Voigt, the official race ambassador. For the women’s race highlight show, Olympic silver medalist Dotsie Bausch will join Liggett and Sherwen to provide additional insight about the women’s peloton. Steve Porino will provide inside-the-peloton perspective from the motorcade and Steve Schlanger will report from the sidelines.
2015 Amgen Tour of California television schedule
- Saturday, May 2 at 9:30-10:30 p.m. PDT on NBCSN
- Sunday, May 3 at 8:30-9:30 p.m. and 11 p.m.-midnight PDT on NBCSN
- Friday, May 8 at 8 p.m. PDT on the Amgen Tour of California app and website: Stage 1 – South Lake Tahoe
- Saturday, May 9 at 8 p.m. PDT on the Amgen Tour of California app and website: Stage 2 – South Lake Tahoe
- Sunday, May 10 at 8 p.m. PDT on the Amgen Tour of California app and website: Stage 3 – Sacramento
Women’s race highlight show
- Friday, May 15 at 11 p.m.-midnight PDT on NBCSN
Men’s race live broadcast
- Sunday, May 10 at 2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 1 – Sacramento
- Monday, May 11 at 2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 2 – Nevada City to Lodi
- Tuesday, May 12 at 2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 3 – San Jose
- Wednesday, May 13 at 2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 4 – Pismo Beach to Avila Beach
- Thursday, May 14 at 2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 5 – Santa Barbara to Santa Clarita
- Friday, May 15 at 2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 6 – Big Bear Lake Individual Time Trial
- Saturday, May 16 at 1:30-3:30 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 7 – Ontario to Mt. Baldy
- Sunday, May 17 at 10-Noon PDT on NBC: Stage 8 – L.A. Live (Downtown Los Angeles) to Pasadena/Rose Bowl Stadium
*Times subject to change
If you do not have access to these channels, or want to follow along on the go, you can download the free Amgen Tour of California app. The app can be downloaded via iTunes, Google Play, and the Apple and Android app stores.
The 2015 Amgen Tour of California App will feature daily live coverage of the final two hours of each stage, full start-to-finish coverage via GPS, race situation and up-to-the-minute text commentary throughout the race, as well as live streaming of the women’s time trial (May 15). Highlights of the Women’s Stage Race empowered with SRAM (May 8-10) will be available on-demand on the Amgen Tour of California App nightly.