As Alberto Contador rides into the final years of his career he reconfirms his plans to ride both the Giro d'Italia and Tour de France in

Alberto Contador (Tinkoff-Saxo) reconfirmed that he will race both the Giro d’Italia and Tour de France this year, but said the Vuelta a España is not on his radar.

“I believe I’ve made it plain that racing the Giro and Tour is our project this season,” Contador said on Radio MARCA. “I have the Giro in mind, and I’ve said it since October, and I don’t have any doubt about that at all.”

Contador’s comments came in reaction to quotes from Sky’s David López, who cast doubts on Contador’s intentions of racing the Giro-Tour double. Earlier this week, López told MARCA: “Here at Sky, we don’t believe Contador will race the Giro. In the end, he can change his mind. It won’t be the first time that he’s said one thing and done something else.”

Contador admitted that sometimes he’s changed his racing program due to pressures from sponsors, but said he’s firmly committed to the Giro-Tour double in 2015. Despite being defending champion at the Vuelta, the 32-year-old Spaniard said the idea of racing all three in one season does not fit into his plans this season.

Contador, 32, will debut his 2015 season at the Ruta del Sol (February 18-22), where he will face off against Chris Froome (Sky). Nairo Quintana (Movistar) pulled out after crashing in the Colombian national championships last week and will return to Europe for Tirreno-Adriatico in March.

Contador, who said he’s lost nearly two kilograms after three weeks of intense training on Spain’s Canary islands, also spoke of his future.

“My career is in its final stretch,” he said. “I have this season left here at Tinkoff-Saxo, and there are discussions to continue here, or with other teams, but right now, I’d probably stay here. It all depends how the season winds up. I don’t see myself making more than a one-year contract.”

Click here for the Spanish story in MARCA.