Do you like 80s metal? Jens Voigt has his hour-record playlist all picked out
With less than 24 hours to go until Jens Voigt’s hour-record attempt, the first high-profile attempt since the UCI changed the rules surrounding the record in May of this year, final preparations are now being made. Voigt’s sponsor Trek requested hour-record questions from its Twitter followers, spanning from his target power output to his race-day playlist. A few select questions and answers are reprinted below, with Trek’s permission. The full Q&A is available here.
Question: @Bike_ABK6: What average wattage will Jens target?
Answer: 370 watts average.
Q: @sufferfest: Can he see his wattage? Q: @JHLudlum: How about using an earpiece?
A: He cannot see live power data, per UCI-standard track-racing rules, but he can record it for later analysis. We’ve worked closely with SRM to keep his 55-tooth crank setup freshly calibrated so we can get a lot of information from this attempt. He cannot have an earpiece, but is allowed one person on the side of the track to give him verbal coaching.
Q: @BWSimons: What’s on Jens’ 60-minute playlist?
A: We asked him, and this is what he said:
• REO Speedwagon “Keep on Loving You”
• Brian Adams “Summer of 69”
• Journey “Wheel in the Sky”
• Air Supply “Making Love out of Nothing at All“
• Metallica “Turn the Page”
• Republica “Ready to Go”
• P.O.D. “Feel So Alive”
• Metallica “One”
• AC/DC “Hells Bells”
• AC/DC “Highway to Hell”
• Farmerboys “Here Comes the Pain”
• Ugly Kid Joe “Goddam Devil”
• AC/DC “Thunderstruck”
• Black Sabbath “Paranoid”
• Metallica “Frayed Ends of Sanity”
• Europe “Final Countdown”
• Metallica “Nothing Else Matters”
• Cranberries “Zombie”
• Kansas “Dust in the Wind”
• Air Supply “All Out of Love”
• Lita Ford/ Ozzy Osbourne “Close My Eyes Forever”