Domestic Intel: Powers, Mancebo secure NRC titles
Alison Powers (NOW and Novartis for MS) and Francisco Mancebo (5-Hour Energy-Kenda) have secured victories in the USA Cycling National Racing Calendar series for the 2013 season.
Powers finished third in last weekend’s Tour of the Elk Grove to overtake the top spot from Claudia Häusler (Tibco-To The Top). In June, Powers was victorious at the USA Cycling Professional Criterium National Championships.
Elk Grove was the final race in the women’s NRC series. Powers finished with 1,108 points overall, Häusler tallied 1,054 to finish second, and Shelley Olds (Tibco-To The Top) piled up 1,018 for third.
The men’s field did not accumulate points at Elk Grove, so the standings did not change. Mancebo (814 points) leads Chad Haga (Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies), who has 554 points, and Joseph Rosskopf (Hincapie Sportswear Development), who has 518. Mancebo’s advantage is too large to be overtaken but the race for the other podium spots will be decided at the Thompson Bucks County Classic in Doylestown, Pa. on September 7.
The men’s and women’s team standings have also been finalized, with Optum earning the men’s title and Tibco taking the women’s trophy.
1. Francisco Mancebo, 5-Hour Energy-Kenda, 814
2. Chad Haga, Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies, 554
3. Joseph Rosskopf, Hincapie Sportswear Development Team, 518
4. Serghei Tvetcov, MOLDOVA-Jelly Belly Cycling, 428
5. Jesse Anthony, Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies, 380
1. Alison Powers, NOW and Novartis for MS, 1,108
2. Claudia Häusler, Tibco-To The Top, 1,054
3. Shelley Olds, Tibco-To The Top, 1,018
4. Joelle Numainville, Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies, 848
5. Mara Abbott, Exergy Twent16, 624
1. Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies, 1,720
2. 5-Hour Energy-Kenda, 1,160
3. Jamis-Hagens Berman, 966
4. Hincapie Sportswear Development, 850
5. Jelly Belly Cycling, 808
1. Tibco-To The Top, 2,922
2. Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies, 1,920
3. NOW and Novartis for MS, 1,806
4. (Exergy Twent16), 1,262
5. Specialized-lululemon, 738