Eighteen national titles on the line
More than 60 colleges and universities are sending teams to the USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships in Fort Collins, Colorado this weekend.
The three-day event is being hosted by Colorado State University, this year’s Rocky Mountain Collegiate Cycling Conference DI champions.
The Collegiate Road National Championships will allow men and women from Division I and Division II schools to compete for individual championships in three categories: criterium, road race and individual omnium. The collegiate squads will also fight for team titles in both the team time trial event and the omnium classification, which combines results from all races, both male and female.
Defending champions Stanford University and Western Washington University will look to repeat their overall 2007 Division I and II crowns respectively.
2008 USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships
Individual National Championship Categories:
- Men’s Division I Criterium
- Men’s Division II Criterium
- Men’s Division I Road Race
- Men’s Division II Road Race
- Men’s Division I Overall
- Men’s Division II Overall
- Women’s Division I Criterium
- Women’s Division II Criterium
- Women’s Division I Road Race
- Women’s Division II Road Race
- Women’s Division I Overall
- Women’s Division II Overall
Team National Championship Categories
- Men’s Division I Team Time Trial
- Men’s Division II Team Time Trial
- Women’s Division I Team Time Trial
- Women’s Division II Team Time Trial
- Division I Overall
- Division II Overall
Friday, May 9
Team Time Trial, 8:00 a.m.
Start/Finish: Owl Canyon Road and I-25
Division I Women
Division II Women
Division I Men
Division II Men
Saturday, May 10
Start/Finish: CSU Hughes Stadium
Division I Women: 8:00 a.m. 50 miles.
Division II Women: 8:10 a.m. 50 miles
Division I Men: 11:00 a.m. 70 miles
Division II Men: 2:30 p.m. 70 miles
Sunday, May 11
Old Town Fort Collins
Division I Women: 8:00 a.m. 60 minutes
Division II Women: 9:15 a.m. 60 minutes
Division I Men: 10:30 a.m. 75 minutes
Division II Men: Noon 75 minutes