USA Cycling will implement a number of changes for 2016, many of which were covered in Caley Fretz’s recent interview with CEO Derek Bouchard-Hall. Here’s a summary of the changes in racer license fees for the coming season.
– One-day beginner license fee for road, track, and cyclocross events decreases from $15 to $10.
– Membership fees for domestic racers will not increase.
– Cat. 1 mountain bike, and Cat. 2 and 3 road, track and cyclocross memberships will be charged $5 RaceClean anti-doping surcharge.
– Pro mountain bike, and Cat. 1 road, track, and cyclocross memberships will be charged a $25 RaceClean anti-doping surcharge.
– A new, $25 one-day license option will be available for former racing members in non-beginner racing categories that want to try racing again (one time only) without becoming an annual member.
– International junior licenses will drop from $175 to $100.
– Professional, elite individual, and team membership fees will increase.
– Collegiate-only memberships will increase to $45.