On Monday, Jose Alcala arrived in Colorado Springs, Colorado, to drive to the next event on the SRAM Neutral Race Support calendar. But much to his dismay, the Sprinter van he was scheduled to drive had been emptied while it sat parked at the Holiday Inn Express on Commerce Drive in Colorado Springs.
Thieves took eight bikes that are used in SRAM’s 2X10 mountain bike demo program. In an act particularly despicable to this editor, the criminals also stole the toolbox of one of SRAM’s mechanics.
Please be on the lookout for the following bikes:
- Ibis Mojo SL, small, white, X0 components
- Ibis Mojo SL, large, carbon, X0 components
- Intense Tracer 29, large, silver, X7 components
- Intense Tracer 29, medium, green, X0 components
- Niner EMD Hardtail, medium, silver, X0 components
- Specialized Enduro, large, brown, X0 components
- Specialized Stumpy 29 Hardtail, large, white/red, X0 components
- Turner Flux , small, red, XX components
Also keep your eyes peeled for a Platt 8-inch toolbox with wing pallets and cork lined dividers in bottom. There are no stickers on the outside.
If you see any of these bikes or the toolbox, please contact the local authorities immediately. Follow any updates on Twitter @SRAMNRS.