World champion Marianne Vos (Nederland Bloeit) turned the tables on Daphny van den Brand (AA Drink-Leontien.nl) on Sunday, winning a muddy Superprestige race at Gieten after finishing second to her countrywoman at Saturday’s World Cup in Koksijde.
Vos quickly took the measure of van den Brand on the fast, greasy circuit, powering away to win by more than half a minute. A crash kept Sanne van Paassen (BrainWash) off the podium, and Helen Wyman (Kona) rounded out the top three at 1:09 back.
American Amy Dombroski (Crank Brothers) just missed the top 10 in Gieten, crossing in 12th place.
- 1. Marianne Vos (Ned), 38:36
- 2. Daphny van den Brand (Ned), at 0:35
- 3. Helen Wyman (GBr), at 1:09
- 4. Sanne van Paassen (Ned), at 1:55
- 5. Sanne Cant (Bel), s.t.