HTC-Highroad ended the three-day Giro di Trentino stage race on a high note as Judith Arndt fended off her rivals to claim the overall victory on Sunday.
Arndt finished second to Emma Johansson (Team Hitec Products Uck) in the final 72km stage from Castel Thun to Cles, earning the overall title plus the points jersey.
“Judith got a time bonus which strengthened her lead, and then she chased down a lot of dangerous attacks,” said HTC-Highroad sports director Jens Zemke. “It wasn’t clear we would win for sure, there were a lot of good rivals here. But she did a super performance and she got really good back-up from her teammates, too.”
HTC-Highroad came away from the Italian stage race — which they led from start to finish — with two stage wins from a possible three, the overall and the points jersey.
- 1. Emma Johansson (Swe), Team Hitec Products Uck, 1:56:59
- 2. Judith Arndt (Ger), HTC-Highroad, s.t.
- 3. Malgorzta Jasinska (Pol), S.C. Michela Fanini Record Rox, s.t.
- 4. Eva Lechner (Ita), s.t.
- 5. Rossella Callovi (Ita), SC Mcipollini Giambenini, s.t.
- 1. Judith Arndt (Ger), HTC-Highroad, 6:13:23
- 2. Emma Johansson (Swe), Team Hitec Products Uck, at 0:19
- 3. Tatiana Guderzo (Ita), SC Mcipollini Giambenini, at 0:19
- 4. Emma Pooley (Gbr), Garmin-Cervélo, at 0:21
- 5. Rasa Leleivyte (Ltu), SC Mcipollini Giambenini, at 0:29