After giving up the stage three win on Wednesday to Javier Püschel and Simon Zahnd, Team Jamis teammates Jason Sager and Benjamin Sonntag won day four.
Thursday’s stage win is the third out of four for the American-German duo. The Trek-Zaboo-DaMatta team of Chilean Püschel and Swiss Simon faltered to a degree on the day finishing third behind the Kenda-Seven duo of Mary McConneloug and Michael Broderick.
Riders said the 82km fourth stage was the most challenging of the six-day, 450km race, yet at the same time the most beautifull of all the stages. After a neutralized start the 130 participants had to ride through a variety of tracks in the Andes Mountains to finally reach the shore of Hualafquen Lake in Villarrica National Park.
Racers then started a downhill that led to Curarrehue Town to finally return to the finish line at Menetúe Thermal Complex.
Friday’s stage five is 75km.
Results Stage 4
Overall results not available
Open Men Category
1. Jason Sager (USA) Benjamin Sontag (GER) 3:57:38
2. Javier Püschel (Chi) Simon Zahnd (SWi) 4:21:17
3. Marty Lazarsky (Can) Neal Kendree (Can) 4:24:37
Open Mixed Category
1. Marie McConneloug (USA) Michael Broderick (USA) 4:21:16
2. Elisa García (CHI) Claus Plaut (CHI) 5:51:20
Open Women Category
1. Eva Lechner (ITA) Nathalie Schneitter (SWI) 4:37:47
2. Anja de Decker (BEL) Elke Roage (BEL) 5:01:45
Single Open Men Category
1. Andreas Hestler (CAN) 4:24:37
2. Blake Harlam (USA) 4:30:31
3. Jose Raul Hernández (SPA) 5:57:07