Figuring out whether a rack system fits your vehicle can be a laborious process, then comes shelling out for the different accessories.
So when RockyMounts announced that its new TieRod bike rack “fits 100 percent of factory crossbars,” we took notice. That sounds pretty straightforward.
“We set out to produce a one-size-fits-all fork mount for factory bars. It was a tough design problem to cleanly fit the wide range of sizes and shapes of factory installed crossbars,” said Bobby Noyes, RockyMounts president and founder.
Rubber coated stainless steel straps meet the challenge because they are strong, adjustable and fit 100 percent of factory crossbars, Noyes said.
“We hit the nail on the head,” he said. “It is form fitting and mates really well with both the shape of modern cars and their factory rack systems.”
The low-profile, rack is the replacement for the Noose SL and comes with the following features:
• Solid metal head that fits factory (elliptical) crossbars like a glove, guaranteed.
• Rubber Coated, stainless steel straps snug and cradle the crossbar.
• Fits 100 percent of factory crossbars.
• Low profile and streamlined, no need to crank up the ipod to drown out a noisy car rack.
• Fits bikes with disc brakes as well as standard brakes.
• Can be locked with RockyMounts lock cores, bike to rack, rack to car.
• Comes in black, silver, red, blue, yellow, orange, green, white or pink.
RockyMounts is a Boulder, Colorado-based car rack manufacturer that makes racks in bright distinctive colors.
The TieRod retails for $119.95.