USA Cycling has announced that it has received and is reviewing 12 applications for men’s UCI Continental Team status for the 2010 season. The deadline for submitting a team inscription was October 31, 2009 and no other candidates will be accepted for the 2010 season.
The number represents 2010, one fewer than the 2009 total. The proposed Continental squads looking to primarily compete on the USA Cycling National Racing Calendar circuit and the USA Cycling Professional Tour include:
- Bahati Foundation Pro Cycling Team
- BISSELL Pro Cycling
- Jamis/Sutter Home presented by Colavita
- Jelly Belly Cycling presented by Kenda
- Kelly Benefit Strategies
- Kenda Pro Cycling presented by Gear Grinder
- Adageo Energy Pro Cycling
- Team Hotel San Jose
- Team Mountain Khakis fueled by Jittery Joe’s
- Team Type 1
- Trek LIVESTRONG U23 Cycling Team presented by RadioShack
- UnitedHealthcare presented by Maxxis
One American based women’s team has applied to be UCI-sanctioned this season. After claiming an overall NRC title in 2009, Team TIBCO looks to be the lone U.S.-based UCI-sanctioned women’s squad in 2010.
All team categories are pending approval from the UCI and will be formally announced in December following the review process.